Do you know what support is available from Parkinson’s UK
for you and the person you care for?
Parkinson’s UK has a Leeds Adviser who offers one to one support and can provide the following:
- Up to date information in relation to Parkinson’s
- Information about benefits, employment rights and help with the application process
- Information and links to other local services
- Emotional support for you and your family
- A supporting voice if you need to complain or are having problems accessing services you need
- Links to other Parkinson’s UK services such as our Helpline and local branch and support groups
You can contact Cate Scally – Local Advisor on 0344 225 3766 or contact Parkinson’s UK free and confidential helpline on 0808 800 0303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Opening times are: Monday to Friday 9am-8pm and Saturday 10am-2pm. Trained advisers, including specialist Parkinson’s nurses, can provide information and advice about all aspects of living with Parkinson’s, including medical issues – symptoms and treatments, employment, benefits, and health and social care.
Parkinson’s group meeting
Monthly social meeting where there is usually a speaker. The topic is not always Parkinson’s related and this is followed by time for a cup of tea/refreshments and a chat. For more information, contact the Branch Chair, Carol Cook on 01943 513607.
Carol also runs a zoom carers meeting every Thursday at 10:30am and anyone wanting to join needs to contact Carol Cook on 01943 513607 or Cate Scally on 0344 2253766 for the login in details.
Dancing with Parkinson’s
Ascendance runs a thriving Dancing with Parkinson’s programme with on-line and face to face classes.
Classes are designed to help participants to:
- Stay Active for Longer
- Delay progression of symptoms
- Join a supportive community
- Develop new neuropathways from the mind to body
- Help improve balance, coordination and flexibility
Face to face classes are held at St Chad’s Parish Centre, Headingley Leeds and Victoria Hall, Saltaire, Bradford.
On-line Zoom Classes are held every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday.
- Mon Dance Burst Zoom with Natalie 11.00am – 11.40am
- Tues Dance with Parkinson’s Zoom with Rachel 11.00am – 11.50am
- Weds Sing with Parkinson’s Zoom with Georgia 11.00am – 11.45am
- Thurs Face to Face Victoria Hall with Izzy and Rachel 1.30pm – 2.30pm
- Friday Face to Face Let’s Dance St Chads Fridays with Rachel & Emma 10.30am – 11.30am
- Face to Face and on Zoom Making a Show St Chads 11.30am – 12.15pm