Information for professionals in Leeds
Carers Leeds operates the single point of access for all carers in Leeds and offers information, advice and support.
What is a carer?
A carer is someone who, without payment, provides support to a friend or family member who due to illness, disability, dementia, mental health issues or an addiction cannot manage without their help.
For many carers, caring can be a rewarding and positive experience. However there are many times when carers need extra support, and that’s when we can help.
What do we do?
Carers Leeds offers free support to carers across Leeds. We can help carers with:
• Emotional support and someone to talk to that understands the impact of being a carer.
• How carers are managing at home and identify any changes that are needed
• Encouragement to take a break, maintain their identity and wellbeing, social support and healthy lifestyle
• Information and signposting to access finances, grants & benefits
• Advice about carers rights at work
How do we do it?
• One to one support
• Group support
• Carers Advice Line – direct contact with a Carer Support Worker
• Free newsletter
• Advice and information
• Social activities
You can refer a carer to us for support via a secure online referral form here: www.carersleeds.org.uk/professionals-referral-form/
How to get in touch
Advice Line 0113 380 4300
Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm
Find out about carer support groups: www.carersleeds.org.uk/events
View the latest news and blog here: www.carersleeds.org.uk/carers-leeds-blog