Do you like meeting new people? Are you accepting and welcoming?
Here at Carers Leeds, we hold monthly Carer Support Groups across the city. The groups are a good way for carers to share experiences and get peer support from other people in a similar situation.
Our Mental Health Carers team are looking for volunteers to support them to:
- Purchase refreshments before the group (optional task)
- Set up the area where refreshments are to be served
- Give a warm welcome to carers and visitors attending the group
- Be able to serve refreshments
- Be friendly and chat to members of the group
- Refer information, advice and support enquiries to the facilitator
- Help to clean up and tidy up after the event
The role makes a difference by creating a friendly and welcoming space for carers who attend groups.
We offer a friendly volunteer environment, worthwhile work experience, social events, the chance to learn new skills and gain knowledge, access to training, supervision, and travel expenses in exchange for your time and effort.
If you are interested in applying for this role or want some more information, please get in touch with Tom Harris (He/Him), Team Leader, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07792 662 396