A working carer is someone who has caring responsibilities and is also in paid employment.
The census tells us there are more than 70,000 unpaid carers in Leeds, supporting family members or friends who have disabilities, long term health conditions, learning difficulties, mental health difficulties, frailty, dementia, alcohol or drug problems.
We support Employers with advice, training and guidance about the benefits of identifying and supporting carers in your workforce.
Supporting working carers in your organisation will:
- Reduce unplanned absences Reduce stress of working carers in your organisation.
- Reduce any risk of associated discrimination claims Increase wellbeing of working carers in your organisation.
- Increase retention of working carers in your organisation.
- Increase attraction of experienced talent to your organisation Increase engagement and productivity.
- Enhance your employer brand.