Information, Advice & Support
Carers Leeds operates the single point of access for all carers in Leeds and offers information, advice and support. Carers can:
Phone the Carers Advice Line
Drop in to Central Leeds Office
Arrange an Appointment or Home Visit
You can call the Advice Line if you need information about your caring situation or someone to talk to.
Carers Advice Line – 0113 380 4300: Mon – Fri 9am-4:30pm
You can also e-mail the Advice Line – firstname.lastname@example.org
Common enquiries on the Advice Line include:
- Finance and benefits
- Access to services, respite, holidays
- Assessments and personal budgets for the carer or cared for person
- Opportunities for social contact
- Looking after your wellbeing as a carer
- Equipment and support for the cared for person
Carers can call in at our city centre based offices (6-8 The Headrow, LS1 6PT)
Monday – Friday 9:30-3:30.
Appointments and Home Visits
An appointment can be made to see a Carer Support Worker (CSW) for one to one information and advice, for someone to talk to about caring issues.