Message from Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Visiting times at Leeds Teaching Hospitals have been suspended with immediate effect as individuals and teams across our hospitals continue to work to protect patients, our communities and staff and limit the spread of COVID-19.
We understand that this will be upsetting and are sorry for any distress that this may cause. However your health, safety and wellbeing, that of our patients, our communities and individuals and teams across the organisation remains our absolute priority.
Visiting times are suspended until further notice except in the below exceptional circumstances, where you will need to contact the ward or department in advance to discuss appropriate arrangements:
- the patient is receiving end-of-life care
- the visitor needs to be accompanied – accompanying visitors should not stay in patient, ward or communal areas
- they are a birthing partner accompanying a woman in labour
Slightly different rules apply to paediatrics and neonates:
- in the paediatric and neonatal departments, only one parent or appropriate adult is able to be with their child at any given time and currently no other children will be able to visit.
Please find other ways of keeping in touch, like phone and video calls.
We continue to follow national guidance to ensure that all of our practices are safe and meet the necessary requirements.
Everyone should follow the expert national guidance on social distancing and self-isolation and stay at home wherever possible, to help limit the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), protect the most vulnerable people in our communities and our NHS.
Thank you for your continued support and understanding at this challenging time. We are working on ways to support you to keep in touch with loved ones who are inpatients at Leeds Teaching Hospitals and will keep you updated.
Hospitals which are part of Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust and included in this visiting times suspension include:
- Leeds General Infirmary
- St James’s University Hospital
- Chapel Allerton Hospital
- Wharfedale Hospital
- Leeds Children’s Hospital