We understand that balancing work and care isn’t always easy. Here 10 top tips from our carer support workers that might help.
- Find someone sympathetic to talk to at work
- Know your rights at work, look at your internal policies around time off and flexible working
- Consider flexible working if that is an option
- Make sure backup is in place in case you have to leave work in a hurry, build a trusted team around you
- Be really organised both at work and at home
- Be ruthless with time management, review priority each day
- Ask for help, both at home and at work
- Do whatever you can to get a proper break for yourself
- Look after your own health
- Try to focus on the positive
For more information, advice & support, contact our advice line on 0113 380 4300.