Carers Leeds Events Calendar
Public Speaking Workshop for Carers
March 16 @ 9:30 am - 12:30 pm
In partnership with Fall into Place, This three hour public speaking workshop will explore techniques to develop public speaking skills and confidence. Whether you want a bit more confidence speaking to strangers, or want to practise for a formal speaking event, these tools will help you learn how to speak clearly and confidently.
Venue: Leeds Playhouse, Weston Room (Third Floor), a lift is available.
We will cover:
- how to overcome nerves and build self confidence
- knowing common issues with public speaking and how to overcome them
- writing an engaging speech
- understanding how to use tone of voice and body language well
- understand storytelling as a great tool to engage your audience
- space to practise in a safe, friendly setting.
This workshop is good for:
- people who wish to gain more confidence speaking in groups or meetings
- people who wish to develop their public speaking skills
- people who are experienced and wish to learn a new perspective on delivery from a performance angle.
Tea/coffee will be provided. If possible please bring your own mug to be more climate friendly (there will be cups available if anyone forgets).
We understand attending a new event can be daunting. You are very welcome to contact us beforehand for any questions or to hear more about the workshop.
To book your place, please call our Adviceline on 0113 246 8338.
For any questions please contact Sarah: email@example.com