Age Proud Festival – Wonderful Wellbeing Walk
September 8, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
This year to celebrate Leeds Age Proud Festival, we are running a mindful wellbeing walk for carers age 50+. Join us at Roundhay Park on the 8th September at 11am!
If you like, bring along your phones and we can take photos and identify different plants, wildlife, and bird songs, or just come along for a relaxing walk to take notice of the wonderful nature around us. This is a great opportunity to get your body moving whilst getting connected with other carers!
Please contact Aidan on 07940 720 474 to book as places are limited.
The festival is part of Age Proud Leeds which is a campaign to change negative attitudes towards
older people and ageing. One of the key campaign messages is that it is ‘time to feel good about ageing’
Age Proud Leeds Festival aims to promote and apply the following five ways to wellbeing:
- Connect – supporting people to make and sustain connections with others
- Be active – body and mind are linked – activities that get people moving, even if just a little!
- Keep learning – new skills or rediscovering old ones – be curious!
- Take notice – appreciating where we are, the moment and the environment
- Giving – helping others, volunteering, simple acts of kindness