Dementia workshop – Legal and money matters
May 18, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm| Free
Are you caring for a family member or friend with dementia?
Carers Leeds is offering 4 free workshops to help carers find out more about:
- Understanding dementia
- Coping with unusual behaviours
- Legal and money matters
- Accessing support and services
When? 1pm to 3pm on the following Saturday’s: 04 May, 11 May, 18 May & 25 May.
(It would be most beneficial to attend all 4 sessions )
The aim of this session is to help carers understand the importance of planning for the future.
Topics covered in session 3 –
- Managing money before mental capacity is an issue,
- How decisions can be made when someone no longer has mental capacity to make decisions for themselves
- Managing money when mental capacity is an issue,
- To provide information about the welfare benefits that carers and people living with dementia might be able to claim
- To provide information about sources of help for those needing further information and help about these financial and legal issues
- Lasting power of attorney
For more information or to book a place please contact Lisa McAvan, Dementia Carer Support Manager on 0113 3804307 or email email@example.com