Dementia workshop – Coping with unusual behaviours
November 5, 2019 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
One event on September 17, 2019 at 11:00 am
One event on November 5, 2019 at 11:00 am
Are you caring for a family member or friend with dementia?
Carers Leeds is offering 4 free workshops to help carers find out more about:
- Understanding dementia
- Coping with unusual behaviours
- Legal and money matters
- Accessing support and services
The aim of this session is to help carers look at practical ways of supporting someone living with dementia.
Topics covered in session 2 –
- memory difficulties
- difficulties organising and sequencing tasks
- difficulties with speech and communication
- perception difficulties
- difficulties recognising people and places
- disorientation to time or place
- changes in behaviour
It is in session 2 that we look and talk about ways of coping with agitation, frustration, verbal and non verbal communication to reduce and address these issues.
For more information or to book a place please contact Lisa McAvan, Dementia Carer Support Manager on 0113 380 4307 or email firstname.lastname@example.org